Monday, September 21, 2015

Tis the season for stuffy noses

I've said this before, but I LOVE FALL. 

However, fall is also the beginning of the "stuffy nose season," which lasts from September til around the end of March. And at our house, everyone gets that nasty cough, watery eyes, and the dreaded stuffy nose. 

Any other moms out there feel my pain?

This past week, The Redman Roost have all suffered from a small cold. Even the tiny baby accrued a horrific sounding cough. But for those who have seen us in the last couple of days, we are all better. No need for fretting, I promise I do my best not to spread germs. 

Aren't they just pitiful?

But, really, am I the only one that cringes at the sound of the first cough? When I first hear that dreaded nasty sounding cough, I also hear "dun, dun, duuuuuuuun." Not because I'm cold hearted, but because I know if one baby gets it, the rest of the babies will get it. And that includes the biggest baby of all.....the husband. Raise your hand if you feel me.


There's always whining and wiggling....




And lots of crying.

But most of all, there's all kinds of cuddles. That's my favorite part. So, I suppose sickness has it's advantages. 

Good news is that we are all recovered and back to feeling like our typical toddler selves.


Any body else giggling at the fact that my house looks like a Toys R Us?

I could pretend and say "My house usually doesn't look like this" but I'd be lying. Toys are everywhere about 99% of the time. At first, not having a tidy house would bother me, but I've learned to accept the things that I can not change. Because after all, if you're not tripping over toys all day, then what kind of a life are you really living? 

Toddlers, man. 

It won't be long before this one will be a toddler. THEN WE WILL HAVE THREE. Three toddlers. My mind literally can't process the thought, so let's just leave it there. 



Their favorite day is "sheet changing day." Who would have thought that a once dreaded chore now has become such a fun activity. Having kids will do that to you. I always take off the comforter of the bed and the throw pillows, and I pile them in the floor. Their job is to run and jump canon ball style onto the blankets. My favorite part is the giggles that echo through out the house. And we do that every week. What a great life we live.

Seriously though, what a great life we live. My God has been so good to the Redman Roost, and to me personally. I can remember back to my high school days, and I would only dream of having a hard working husband, a bunch of babies, and a home. And now I have all three. Even when days are hard, long, and filled with stuffy noses, they are still the sweetest days I have ever had and I'm so thankful to Him for giving me all of my heart's desires. 


And....


I'm also thankful for new chairs. They make me happy too.








No comments:

Post a Comment