Sunday, September 13, 2015

For His eye is on the sparrow

The Redman Roost has been kind of typical the last two days. Aside from a friend having a baby shower, the Redman clan hasn't really done anything exciting. 


The baby learned to "pull up." 


My oldest started Cubbies.


And my middle child hasn't been feeling well. 
Pour baby.

Just a typical weekend.

I don't have any funny tales about the "minions," but I do have a sweet story about how good my God is. This morning as I was putting on my makeup, I grabbed my mascara and realized that it was almost completely empty. I chuckled when I remembered that it had been two years since I first opened that tube of mascara. I guess that really shows how much I actually wear makeup. Ha! 
Two years ago, I was working three days a week at a bank, had a one year old, and was expecting my second baby within weeks. My husband was a car salesman at the time, and we were barely scraping by. We were blessed enough to have all of our needs met, but rarely did we ever have any "cash" to spend. I remember having to literally count the mileage on my jeep so I could estimate how much gas I would need to get to work and back. 
One morning as I was getting ready for work, I was worrying about the typical grown up things, like money. The husband hadn't had a great month and I could feel the bills piling up on top of our shoulders. I opened my mascara and realized it was empty. I began to sob. I just knew things like make-up were at the bottom of our list of things to spend money on.
I wiped my tears, fixed my hair, got dressed, and went to work. I prayed the entire way that my husband would have a wonderful day of sales, and that I would somehow find peace and relief from my worrying. 
I had a very routine day until one of my favorite customers came in to do some business. I'm not sure exactly what he actually did for a living, but he would occasionally come in and bring us samples and extras of things that he would have in his car. On this particular day, he came to my window, made his deposit, and said "Oh, I have something for you, I'll be right back." He went out to his car, came back, and placed it in my hand. It was an unopened sealed brand new tube of mascara. 
Chills went down my spine when he handed to me. I had not told a soul about how I was in need of a new tube of mascara, or how my husband and I were struggling so much to make it til the next pay day. I held it together until I got to my car that evening, then I just boo-hooed the entire way home. You see, God not only cares for my needs, He even cares for my selfish materialistic wants. And on that day, He was saying to me "Just trust me. I will take care of you."
So fast forward to present day, two years later, my husband has a new salary job and I am a stay at home mom to three babies. We no longer have to count the gas mileage on our cars, and I can go buy things like mascara without crying. But when I see that same old tube of mascara, it reminds me of just how good and faithful God really was then, how good and faithful He is now, and how good and faithful He will always be. 

I say it all the time, but every time I mean it,
GOD IS SO GOOD. 


No comments:

Post a Comment