Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Just another manic monday


Mondays are probably my favorite day of the week. Its a restful day at home after our eventful Sundays. This is usually my day to clean, make banana bread, then go and enjoy a traditional family "monday night meal" over at my mom's house. 

Except for this past Monday. 
It was a day full of family and fun. 


We started our day out at our favorite place. 
Kroger. 
My middle child always yells "we're home" whenever we pull in the parking lot. 

Kroger had their Mega Sale, so naturally, I was in heaven. A buggy full of diapers, wipes, shampoo, and ice cream for basically nothing. It really can't get any better!


We Krogered so hard!

After the store, we came home and cooked daddy his dinner, which consisted of Mushroom Ranch Roast in the crock pot. It's probably the easiest thing I make, but it's the husband's favorite! 

It's a chuck roast (I usually get whatever is on sale), 2 cans of cream of mushroom, a cup of beef broth,  1/2 cup milk, sliced mushrooms (I usually use canned, but yesterday I had fresh in the fridge so I used that), and a packet of ranch dressing seasoning. Throw it in the crock pot on high for 4 hours (or low for 8 hours). BOOM, dinner is done. The hubby is happy, and I'm happy because I basically did nothing. 


We spent the afternoon at my Mimmie's.
The babies blew bubbles, played in the dirt, and ran after birds. They were in heaven. And I got to sit on my rump while Mimmie chased them, so I was in heaven. That woman is a saint.



Hot days call for cold ice cream!
It may September, but it feels like July. So we decided to take a break and cool down. 
As part of the job of a "mimmie," it is recommended to have ice cream stocked up in the freezer at all times. And she does just that. Always. I can never remember a time of when there wasn't any ice cream in her freezer. 



After ice cream, it was time to play on the hammock! I have fond memories of that hammock when I was growing up, so it fills my heart with joy to see my babies playing on it. Even if my middle child wont use it for its intended purposes. 


And it wouldn't be a typical day if he didn't get in time-out at least ONCE.

We wrapped it up over at Mimmie's, loaded the van up, and headed toward my parents's house for dinner. That's another reason why Mondays are my favorite. My sisters and I all "come home" for a delicious meal prepared by our momma. We sit around the table, laugh at the toddlers, trip over the blind dog, and usually have an unintentional competition of who can talk the loudest. One day I hope to give my three children the same sense of "escape." 



It didn't take long after we came home for my oldest to pass out from the excitement of the day. I love that tiny limp body laying beside me. 

When I was saying my prayers before I fell asleep, I thanked God for Mondays and for family. Because if you don't have family, then what do you really have?






One more thing: 



I added balloons to the tops of my curtains a couple weeks ago. What do you think?
 I did it with canvas drop cloth and a glue gun.

It's the little things in life that make me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment