Monday, September 7, 2015

A Very Pink Party


This is what my house looks like today.
 It's very typical to have toys thrown all over the living room, snacks being consumed on the couch, and the baby trying his best to dig in my bag.

Isn't that what everyone else's living looks like? 



But this is what it looked like just a few days ago.
Just 8 days ago, my oldest little baby turned THREE YEARS OLD. 
THREE.
How in the world has it been three years already? It feels like yesterday, we brought her home, my husband and I both looked at each other, and said "what do we do now?' We've come a long way since then. I went from not knowing anything about breastfeeding to becoming a straight up pro. It kind of makes me teary eyed when I think about how fast it came, and how fast it going to go again. Oh well. I can't sulk in the grief of not being able to go back in time, I can only look forward to the future and appreciate what has been given to me already. 


We had her an evening party and all of our family came. I have never seen her so excited, and that filled my heart with gladness. We really are blessed with an amazing family that loves my babies as much as I do. Only God can provide that. Isn't He awesome?



We sang "Happy Birthday," she blew out her candle, she opened gifts, and then everyone left. Her daddy went down to his "den" and I put the boys to bed.
All that was left, was a little girl standing in the living room filled with wrapping paper on the floor and her new toys.
It was over.
Her birthday had officially come to an end.
And just like that, another birthday had come and gone. 


That night, as I was tucking her into bed, I promised myself that I would cherish every single second I get to spend with that sweet baby. Those three years went by way too fast, so I'm going to do everything I can to make the most of our lives.


So to make good on that promise....
we played "make over"




It was a sweet ending to a wonderful day. Just me and my girl



So here's a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our first baby. What a blessing she has been. 





No comments:

Post a Comment